Friday 25 November 2011

Music my fiancé hates (part 1)

     I was going for a drive with my fiancé a couple of weeks ago.  We were listening to some starbucks metal band like Alcest.  She told me; "this sounds way better than the horrible stuff you normally listen to."  I asked her what she was referring to when she said "horrible."  She listed off 3 bands, the first one was: Wormphlegm.  


     I love this band!  They only have one album and one demo.  The demo is the first thing I heard from this band and I found if pretty interesting.  The demo inspired me to check out the album, which was way better by far.  This is probably one of my favorite funeral doom albums ever.  It is excellent background music for reading Stephen King or H.P. Lovecraft.

     The album "Tomb of the Ancient King" only has 3 songs, all of which are brilliant.  The shortest song is the one posted and the longest song is over a half hour.  These songs are long, even for funeral doom but they are more than 100% effective in portraying an atmosphere of shear torment (in a good way.)  Listening too this music makes me feel like I'm in a hot sweaty dungeon filled with human excrement awaiting my execution. I know that doesn't sound like a good thing but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment